Saturday, July 29, 2006

July 29, 2006: At the end of the road


At the end of the long, long road that leads from Tennessee to upstate New York, there is a big white house on a big gray-blue lake. The reward of 14.5 hours in the van with three kids, my niece, my brother (her dad), and the dog is the next day: a whole day spent doing absolutely nothing but lounging by and in Seneca Lake. Oh yeah--I also had a nap. Some of the crew went sailing and canoeing, but that was too strenuous for me. Now everyone is tired and will certainly sleep well tonight. There's nothing like a day of water and the particular lullaby of the lapping waves of lake against shore to give one the deepest of sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.