Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday Memory: Baby Girl

January 29, 2007



This week Laurel needed baby pictures for her scrapbooking class. I have a whole series of pictures from this day, which I think was her first stroller ride around the neighborhood. We lived in a great neighborhood in Ames, Iowa, where she was born. The Old Town Historic District was one of those neighborhoods with actual sidewalks and city blocks. The houses had nice yards and big front porches. Lots of huge Victorian homes were being restored when we lived there. I love this picture of her because it showcases her amazingly chubby cheeks. I never imagined I would have such big babies. She was my middle-weight baby at 9 lbs. 9 oz.

Having a baby girl was one of those girlhood dreams fulfilled, and she is everything I ever could have imagined and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.