Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Word-Filled Wednesday

I saw the 160 Acre Wood's Word-Filled Wednesday a week or so ago over at Diary of 1 and thought it was a fantastic idea. I love the idea of combining a simple scripture with photos of every day life. Having just spent 10 days with my parents in my hometown, my thoughts are naturally with my wonderful parents. I took this photo of my mom on our last night there; somehow I captured the expression on her face I love the most.

Good friend, follow your father's good advice; don't wander off from your mother's teachings. Wrap yourself in them from head to foot; wear them like a scarf around your neck. Wherever you walk, they'll guide you; whenever you rest, they'll guard you; when you wake up, they'll tell you what's next. For sound advice is a beacon, good teaching is a light, moral discipline is a life path. (Proverbs 6:20-23)

(To participate in Word-Filled Wednesday, click here.)

9 comments:

  1. This is very precious, bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so beautiful! Welcome to WFW. Thank you for sharing your mom and your heart with us. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She radiates love! Loved your post. Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of a post and I love the verses you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisdom and truth graced with love! A perfect reminder to me to honor my parents even now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was simply beautiful. Makes me miss my mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great post! and i'm so glad you've joined us this week! Your family is just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious picture and reminder from God's Words! Welcome to WFW! I am so glad you joined us. Mothers are so precious. Glad you have had a wonderful time with your parents.

    I thank God that He enables us to meet through Word-Filled Wednesday. I am encouraged by your post.

    I am thankful to God that I can meet you and many others through blogging. I am in the midst of listing out blogging friends that I like to share 2 awards with. I have included your blog as well. I like to share these Share The Love Award and Friendship Award with you. Do come over and receive them when you have time. You can save the images and upload them to your side bars or posts. And feel free to pass them to your blogging buddies. Take care and God bless you and family always!

    With appreciation and prayers,
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! You have a beautiful Mom! I love the idea of sharing a picture with scripture as well, it is a creative way to spread God's word. I am so glad you decided to join in.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.