Thursday, November 27, 2008

Beautiful Things on Thanksgiving

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family."
~Anthony Brandt


It's never about the food on Thanksgiving Day, although that's what most of us talk about in the preceding days. I live in a state of perpetual thanksgiving, truly. I am always mindful that I have been blessed with a wonderful life. How can I not be thankful? For me Thanksgiving Day itself is purely about family. I don't see my brothers and their families much, although we three siblings in the south live within 45 minutes of one another. It's just the way life is. Perhaps when our children are grown we'll get together for cards in the evening; but for now, we enjoy holidays and birthdays together.

My niece April got married a couple of years ago, and not only do we like her husband, but, more importantly, he brought two kids into our family. Laurel and Duncan got instant cousins of practically their same ages!

Duncan and Xavier are of matching silliness. Here, they are acting out a bizarre rendition of Little Red Riding Hood.


Laurel wishes she could spend lots more time with Carena.


Jesse and Isaac are both extremely sociable.


Most exciting of all, we got to get lots of good loving time in with my great-niece, Abigail. She is too delicious for words.


Laurel and I have been dying to get our hands on her, as it's been months since we last saw her. Laurel really needs a baby sister, but a baby cousin will have to do!


I love watching my mom with her great-granddaughter.


Is there anything better on a late November day than a sweet, warm, sleeping baby?

I hope you all had a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and photos!!! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Your niece is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.