Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday Miscellany

* Today felt like the first day of our real fall schedule, although not every activity kick in this week. But today Duncan began his Tuesday all-day class at the local Montessori school (homeschoolers can join their regular day on Tuesdays); Jesse started his biology class at the local community college; and Laurel began her drama and dance classes at Bezalel School of International Dance. Duncan and Laurel loved their classes, and Jesse likes his professor a lot and thinks he'll enjoy the class. And not only did I get grocery shopping done, but I also had 2 hours to work on various lesson and American Heritage Girls plans while Laurel was in her classes. I think I am going to like Tuesdays! I have to admit, though, that I missed my littlest guy while he was gone all day. Made me think about how much I missed Jesse when he went to public school. Seems like a long, long time ago.

* Cub Scouts begins again tonight with the annual boat race. It's really hilarious. The boys make boats out of anything from bottles to fancy wooden rafts and race them in a creek at a local park. Last year a little sister tossed in a bottle and her "boat" was the grand winner! Have I ever mentioned how amazing my husband, the Cubmaster, is for all the time he puts into Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts (as an assistant Scoutmaster)? I know it stresses him out terribly when he's trying to teach classes during the day and then get Cub Scout stuff done, but the boys love him and he never seems stressed out when he is there. This is his second round as Cubmaster; he also did it when Jesse was a Cub. I don't know what he'll do with his extra time when Duncan moves up to Boy Scouts in a few years…

* So, yesterday my parents were supposed to close on their house in New York. They didn't. We're not really sure what that means. All of their possessions except 2 twin beds are down here in Tennessee at their new house. Hopefully we'll have better news today…

* So back to that boat. I just realized that Duncan hasn't made his yet and the race is just an hour away. I think we'd better go dig through the recycling bin.

2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.