Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Favorite Christmas Books


One of my favorite parts of the season is opening the box of Christmas books and putting them on the book rack right by the Christmas tree. They are, truly, old friends. For me, the mark of a good Christmas book is that it makes me cry.

We have a good number of children’s books for Christmas, and I try to add a new book each year. We have some of the popular ones like The Polar Express and some silly but sentimental ones like Mercer Mayer’s Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad, starring Little Critter. I love to hear my Dad read Twas the Night Before Christmas every Christmas Eve. Some of the books we give the obligatory seasonal read and then put back on the rack.

But I have my favorites. These are the books that, without fail, make me cry at some point. My voice catches, a child’s head pops up and looks at me and says, “Mama! Are you crying again?” I can’t help it. … {Want to see some of my favorites? Head on over to The Homeschool Classroom for the rest of this article!}

4 comments:

  1. If you want to add another tear-jerker but oh-so-special story to your Christmas book rack, please check out The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado. Definitely my favorite! Not only tells the Christmas story from a unique perspective, but also shares such a great message that God can use ANYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - so I read the post but didn't look at the picture. I see you already have The Crippled Lamb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post because I LOVE Christmas books. We have quite a collection, too, and I blog about it and our new additions every Christmas.) I'm most interested in where you got your book rack, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your book rack idea. My son has a hard time yet getting books out of the cupboards and this would be a great way for him to pick out things to read. I love Christmas books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.