Friday, April 22, 2011

Decluttering 101 (@Simple Homeschool)


clutter

My grandmother was a packrat. I’m grateful she saved letters written by my great-great-great grandfather during the Civil War and that she saved a sampler handed down through a dozen generations to me.

But those stacks of magazines and drawers filled with miscellaneous utensils? When we moved her out of her home, she was living in just one room of house. The rest was filled literally to the ceiling with junk.

We’re all far from that extreme, right? But what about those boxes of clothes we’re saving for someone, the worksheets from our daughter’s first-grade year, and the puzzles with missing pieces? Do you ever feel cluttered inside because of clutter in your home?

I have one word for us all: declutter. Get rid of all the junk, and then keep the clutter down.…



{Head on over to Simple Homeschool to read the rest of this post. While you're there, be sure to check out Jamie's The Case for Once a Month Cleaning and Heather's 5 Ways to Simplify Dinner in a Homeschool Kitchen. The three systems together could simplify and declutter your life radically!}

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed that many people who lived through the Great Depression tend to be packrats. My grandparents saved a ton of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.