Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Perfection


There is nothing quite like quiet December mornings, made purely magical with fire and lights. Snow would be a lovely addition, but it's not mandatory.

I'd like to say I'm going to cozy in and stay put for the next several days, but that is not to be, at least not on this rainy day. Today, my teenagers are cooking for us in what has been declared a tradition. Last year they made pumpkin ravioli. This year they are making chicken curry. Their day will include a trip to the Asian food market. While they are doing that, I'll be taking my 84-year-old mom Christmas shopping. She wants to get my Dad a cell phone carrier to hook onto his belt. Age is just a number.

If my kids aren't in the kitchen all day, I'll make another batch or two of cookies. And tomorrow will be our annual sugar cookie decorating day with my Mom. Friday we'll head over to my second brother's home to have our annual Christmas swap. This year we're doing cookies instead of white elephant. And then we'll head into Christmas weekend, which should be nice and quiet.

Hope you are having a somewhat peaceful week!

9 comments:

  1. Our next two weeks are going to be completely quiet! Other than a small family gathering on Christmas Eve, and a trip to the movies or bowling, we are staying in. We need rest!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time! And the teenagers cooking...a perfect tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool your teenagers cook you dinner each year as a tradition! I better start working on Princess Nagger for that as a future tradition. ;)

    Celebrating with Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so warm and festive. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your decorations...especially your Christmas book display!!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. I also found your posts very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.