Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Her First Prom



 Prom is like dress-up for big girls. Make up, hair, nails, and a beautiful dress. 




 










 
Someday she's going to be in a wedding dress and he's going to be crying his eyes out. I love that man and his little girl.






I liked the prom and other formals when I was in high school. I like the way our homeschool group does it even better. Dates are so optional. Mostly only the juniors and seniors go with dates. We are not freaky about dating; but we did want our girl to have at least one year without a date, just to have fun with her friends without feeling all weird and awkward with a boy.

Her first prom was all about anticipation and pretty things. I liked that. And I love her. I wish for her many, many magical evenings in her future, full of anticipation and pretty things.





10 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah! I'm all misty-eyed after reading this post!!! Your daughter is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what she wants more than anything, Robin? An orange VW bug. Seriously. I told her she'll need to boycott prom her Jr. year and go to the drive-in if she wants an orange bug!

      Delete
  2. This is the 2nd year my kids have gone to prom. They go together and with a group of friends and have a great time. I love that our homeschool group doesn't push dates either. My husband and I were two of the chaperones and prom just seemed like a more relaxed atmosphere when dating was pretty much removed from the equation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back a lot of memories.

    Have a great WW
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO beautiful -- all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping over from UBP. Beautiful pics. My son would not take a date to prom b/c he said dates were for a girl you want to marry. I guess we instilled that in him. We had to strongly encourage him to take a date to the senior prom. That was the only time he asked a date in high school. He had as much fun going single as with a date.

    And, yes your hubby will be emotional when she wears a wedding dress. We did that 2 yrs ago with my oldest. So much fun, but also emotional. Makes me cry right now.

    Stop by when you get a chance
    http://www.HowToHomeschoolMyChild.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ergh! No crying!! ;) I get teary-eyed when I even think of the song he has planned for their father-daughter dance. I'm so silly! She's 14!

      Delete
  6. She is beautiful! Really stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful! Really, stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.