Wednesday, February 21, 2018

2018 Winter Hikes: Grotto Falls, Spruce Flat Falls, Seven Islands State Park, Indian Flats Falls

January 6: 5.6 miles to see frozen Grotto Falls. It was C-O-L-D but totally worth it!











January 7, 2018: We knew our time to see frozen falls was limited, so we hiked the next day to Spruce Flat Falls. This is one of our favorite short hikes; we've been doing this one for years, since the kids were little bitty. But W-O-W! This was like seeing a totally different waterfall! Absolutely stunning.














January 18: We started our 2018 Tennessee State Parks Adventure Challenge with a lovely 5.3 mile stroll at Seven Islands State Birding Park. It's a pretty park. We look forward to going back in the summer when the sunflowers are out and the birds and butterflies abundant. I love the starkness of a park in winter, though.












February 9: Indian Flats Falls. My friend Caroline and I seized a beautiful day for the 8.1 mile hike to Indian Flats Falls in the Smokies. No more frozen falls! In fact, we've had so much rain that the river was super full and flowing fast, as were the falls. It was a perfect hike with a wonderful friend.







I'm at 21 miles already this year, which is great for me! I'm hoping I can get a couple more hikes in this month—and lots this spring!

Linked up with Wordless Wednesday




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.